Meet Wilden resident, mother and creative mind Allysun McIntyre.
1. What is your name?
2. Which Wilden neighbourhood do you live in?
3. What do you do for work and where can we find you online?
I wear many hats and love them all but my most important job right now is being a mom to my 10 month, 4 and 6 year old girls. To keep my creativity and love of art going I also work as the owner and artist of Little Fella Prints and co-own Create Marbling Co. If you are looking for charming whimsical prints for your home or the most beautiful one-of-a-kind silk scarf experience then check it out.
4. How do you relax after a hard day of work?
Well as a mother of 3 kids under 6 I don’t often get to relax as the work day does not end but without a doubt my passion is art. My two brilliant kid free hours in the evening are usually spent painting while listening to TV shows with my amazing husband.
5. What is your secret superpower?
Well I can make a pretty adorable baby!
I am not sure I would call it a super power but my biggest strength is my positivity. I am a glass half full kind of person who believes in the good of people and this world.
6. What are some of your favourite things about living in Wilden?
We are new to Kelowna and Wilden and we love our community. My favorite thing is how close we are to everything in town yet how in nature I feel. The streets are wide, the homes are beautiful and the neighbours fabulous.
7. What is the most amazing adventure to go on in the Okanagan?
I still have grand wine touring plans for when my kids are just a little bigger! What I love most about living in the Okanagan is that I don’t feel the need to go anywhere to have an adventure, the lake, the snow are all just steps away from my door. I can live simply yet enjoy beautiful fun experiences with my family.
8. If you were an animal living in Wilden, which one would you be?
A bird so I could fly around checking out all the amazing views, wilderness and development taking place.
9. If you could give $1M to charity, which one would you choose?
I like to support local causes and would be most passionate about giving to our local food bank. I don’t believe anyone should have to worry about the most basic of needs, food. We need to end hunger in this city.
10. Tell us about one of your greatest adventures/memories in Wilden so far.
Hands down my greatest adventure would be participating with Create Marbling Co. in the Wilden Creativity Festival. It was the first time I felt part of a true community in Wilden. It was an amazing day of creative minds, artists and musicians, coming together in a beautiful setting with amazing food and company.
11. If you could choose anyone to be your neighbour, who would you choose?
My parents, I so miss my parents. We have loved our move to Kelonwa but leaving all family has been very hard. My parents are the most fun caring people and I can’t imagine better neighbours.
12. If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time?
Read, create more art, bake my own fresh bread daily, can my own food, make my own jam, garden, oh the list is endless. As a busy mom I don’t always have time for the extras I would love to do but I am raising three kind, fun strong girls in a beautiful community, the bread making and book reading can wait.